Overnight, I got 130 pieces of comment spam. Luckily, the first few started trickling in before I went to bed so, fearing the worst, I turned on pre-moderation for all comments. Unfortunately, this will now remain until I figure out a better way to deal with this. (For those of you screaming Captcha – my initial tests suggested it wouldn’t work on here, or at least not without fiddling.)
I think the main problem is that the master blacklist doesn’t seem to be keeping up. For now, I have put all the URLs spamming into a text file to download and I suggest that anybody relying on the Blacklist adds these to your personal list ASAP.
Ironically, since all links are tagged with rel=”no follow” the whole spam operation is meaningless anyway.