OK, I don’t know why I bothered with the whole ‘Year 7 – 11’ thing because Sixth Form is so, so much cooler in every single way. Here’s why!
- Every teacher you have is great. They save them up for Sixth Form and tell them to be friendlier too
- You get your own common room to eat in, instead of perching uncomfortably on the benches outside.
- You also get your own room by the library, with its own exclusive computers, and no uniformed young people in sight!
- Just in case one wasn’t enough, you get multiple teachers for each subject. In the case of History – three!
- You don’t have to wait outside for the bell in the morning – you can go straight in and avoid the crush. That is going to become very useful in the winter.
Lessons are great too. New electronic registration is, ur, having a few teething problems but looks fancy. And I’ve already installed and customised Firefox on my user account (my special extra-privileges account I should add)… because if nothing else, tabbed browsing is vital for research.
Now I’m off – I’ve got a week to read Wise Children…